Graphic Design and Social Media Specialist
Graphic Design & Social Media Specialist
WHO WE ARE
Jonas Paul Eyewear is an award-winning children’s eyewear provider bringing function and new form to children’s vision with fun, fashion-forward eyewear options. JPE was founded in 2013 by Ben and Laura Harrison in an effort to find stylish eyewear for their visually impaired son, Jonas, after finding the children’s optical market limited. JPE’s line of prescription and non-prescription eyewear is available online at JonasPaul.com as well as Wal-Mart and Eyemart Express and has been featured on NBC Today, NBC Nightly News, The Wall Street Journal, INC 5000, Huffington Post, Redbook, and many other media outlets. Our philanthropic #BuySightGiveSight program provides sight to those in need and has impacted over 255,922 children worldwide.
We are seeking a Graphic Design & Social Media Specialist to work alongside and support many areas of our growing business. We're looking for an individual to join our team to help us translate our vision into a beautiful and thoughtful design both online and offline. The role will consist both of social media management as well as a variety of design work -- visual design, UX design, print and many other related parts. You would help establish a digital design system that will visually define the brand while scaling with our rapid growth. You’d be a key part of bringing this system to life in a team of passionate creatives changing the way kids wear glasses. The right candidate is excited to be a part of a growing company and eager to take on an array of responsibilities.
What you'll do :
- Develop and maintain clear brand guidelines and ensure all creative deliverables have a consistent look and feel that is brand appropriate
- Design, manage, plan and work with the marketing team to execute all creative projects including eCommerce website, homepage placements, landing pages, emails, site banners, digital ads, catalogs, packaging, direct mail and various other print collateral
- Manage timelines for all creative projects and assignment of projects to design, copy, and production
- Work directly with our contractors that consist of web developers, photographers, copywriters, videographers etc.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team to devise creative ways to reach potential customers and to deepen our engagement with existing users
- Design emails for seasonal campaigns and retention marketing
- Manage all printed materials for our wholesale accounts and tradeshows
- Create engaging and entertaining visual content blending video, photo and effects to increase engagement and growth (for Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok and other social media platforms).
- Manage day-to-day social media activities and be creative and engaging with social media copywriting
- Cultivating community and influencer outreach efforts
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Research Best Practices for measuring the impact of social media campaigns.
- Ideate and brainstorm with Marketing team to develop new content ideas to leverage trends and data insights
- Responsible for the planning and reporting for all organic social media content, ensuring all content aligns with the broader brand communications plan and brand positioning.
- Collaborate on monthly/quarterly content calendars that ladder up to overarching channel strategies with platform specific content
- Analyze data and analytics to continue to improve and optimize content, and measure and report performance of digital content against KPIs
- Stay abreast of mainstream and niche industry trends and monitor competitive landscape to proactively navigate the team to be a leader in content marketing
- Manage multiple, concurrent projects and maintain schedules to meet deadlines
- Work collaboratively with marketing and product teams
Who you are :
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Marketing or equivalent
- 2-5 years of experience designing eCommerce experiences, ideally for startups or agencies
- An online portfolio, but more importantly, the ability to talk us through your designs
- You have experience with e-commerce platforms such as Shopify - a plus!
- Comfortable with taking initiative and working independently
- Aware of the latest trends in design, but more interested in looking outside of the world of design for inspiration
- Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Proven experience designing emails, online banners and ads, as well as print and web design
- Passionate about design, branding and creative problem solving
- Generally Awesome :)
Skills & Qualifications :
- Understanding and experience in brand strategy and UX/UI design
- Strong proficiency and experience in the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS a plus!
- In depth knowledge of social media platforms - Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest
- Basic photography skills, a plus!
- Passion for learning; always seeking to sharpen skills
- A self-starter with strong communication, collaboration, decision-making, and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Confident and enthusiastic communicator
- A desire to be a part of a growing team
- Estimated Start Date : ASAP // Only candidates who pass through to the interview round will be contacted.
- Competitive salary based on experience plus benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, Simple IRA
- Based in Grand Rapids, MI
Next Steps :
f you are interested in applying for this position, please email a single PDF document containing a cover letter, answers to the below three questions, and a résumé to email@example.com with the subject line “Graphic Design and Social Media Specialist [Applicant’s Name].”
- What makes you the best candidate for this position?
- What sets you apart for this position from other candidates with comparable qualifications and experience?
- Why is Jonas Paul Eyewear the best fit for you?
- Please send over an online portfolio of your design work