Head of Marketing
Head of Marketing
WHO WE ARE
Jonas Paul Eyewear is a children’s eyewear provider with a mission to provide function and new form to children’s vision with fun, fashion-forward eyewear options. The company was founded by Ben and Laura Harrison in an effort to find stylish eyewear for their visually impaired son, Jonas - but finding such options did not exist in the children’s market. Since its founding in 2013, the company has been featured on NBC Today & Nightly News, The Wall Street Journal, INC 500, Huffington Post, Magnolia Journal, Redbook and many other publications and has garnered numerous awards for its social responsibility and design. Jonas Paul Eyewear also provides sight to those in need through its Buy Sight, Give Sight program in which over 228,900 children have been impacted around the world.
About You :
- You are a sales funnel sensei, and love optimizing top to bottom of funnel initiatives.
- You thrive in Google Analytics know how to dissect and decipher the customer journey and then take that data to forge an optimized path of least resistance.
- You are proficient Excel with a knack for numbers and the story that they tell.
- You are an exceptionally organized self-starter who can prioritize well in a high growth, hands off environment, and are able to think strategically and independently.
- You are crazy attentive to detail and can manage a tight deadline.
- You are pragmatic and look for validation through data.
- You are hardworking and resourceful. You understand why data is critical to making strategic business decisions and are passionate about providing and analyzing that data.
- You are a great team player who can communicate and collaborate well with cross-functional teams within a small and growing organization.
- You respond positively to constructive feedback and adapt quickly to change.
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge, seeing every challenge as an opportunity to learn.
- You are humble, hungry, and smart. You know what you’re good at while still continually striving to improve and grow in all areas.
- You are motivated at least in part by a commitment to social impact in your daily work
- Aggregate result metrics from multiple channels and sources to measure effectiveness of marketing and merchandising programs, promotions, and engagements via quantity/quality KPIs and high-level, ROAS and ROI frameworks.
- Follow and maintain robust measurement infrastructure and monitoring/optimization of marketing campaigns/email/website/retail performance.
- Maintain comprehensive reports on campaign and engagement performance on weekly/monthly/quarterly cadence as well as facilitate ad-hoc requests.
- Maintain awareness of trends, technologies and industry standards related to campaign initiatives.
- Understand digital and industry best practice benchmarks and stakeholders’ goals and objectives.
- Use data to create actionable business insights to inform greater company strategy and decision making.
- Disseminate reporting to appropriate interdepartmental teams and stakeholders to ensure that the wider team is aware of campaign performance to better target users and improve overall ROI and effectiveness.
- Manage the marketing team, cast a vision and lead the team on key marketing initiatives and goals.
Desired Skills & Qualifications :
- 3-5 years of experience working in Marketing & E-Commerce, using data to drive strategy.
- 2-3 years of digital marketing experience including omni-channel, online marketing, email marketing, marketing analytics, and lead/demand generation.
- Strong understanding and experience using analytics, reporting, and dashboard software tools.
- Google Analytics Suite
- Microsoft Excel
- Facebook Ads Manager
- Google Adwords Manager
- Familiarity with User Experience tools not required but a definite plus.
- B.A./B.S./M.S. in Marketing or Business preferred.
- Experience in some programming language (HTML / CSS) is not required but a definite plus.
- Previous consumer facing, E-Commerce brand experience preferred.
- Ability to evaluate and improve analytics tools/reporting, determine gaps, and provide best practices for improvement.
- Self-motivated, creative, and flexible with the ability to multi-task and take initiative.
- Positive attitude, team player and contributor.
- Passionate about driving innovation and technology adoption to the greater team.
- Marketing automation and personalization experience a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and intuition to validate data.
Compensation: Based on previous experience and expertise.
Timing: Estimated start date: As soon as possible.
Location : Based in Grand Rapids, MI
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a single PDF document containing a cover letter, answers to the below three questions, and a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Head of Marketing [Applicant’s Name].”
- What are the 3-5 keys to success for you in the role of Head of Marketing? How do these keys success tie in to your strengths and experience?
- What sets you apart for this position from other candidates with comparable qualifications and experience?
- What are 2-3 of your proudest achievements using data to drive a critical decision, optimize a campaign, discover an untapped opportunity, or hedge a risk?