WHO WE ARE
Jonas Paul Eyewear is a children’s eyewear provider with a mission to provide function and new form to children’s vision with fun, fashion-forward eyewear options. The company was founded by Ben and Laura Harrison in an effort to find stylish eyewear for their visually impaired son, Jonas - but finding such options did not exist in the children’s market. Since its founding in 2013, the company has been featured on NBC Today & Nightly News, The Wall Street Journal, INC 5000, Huffington Post, Redbook and many other publications and has garnered numerous awards for its social responsibility and design. Jonas Paul Eyewear also provides sight to those in need through its Buy Sight, Give Sight program in which over 202,000 children have been impacted around the world.
We are seeking a Lab Technician to fulfill and process all prescription lab orders. This individual will manage and oversee all of our prescription orders which are done at our home office. This is a highly detailed job and has a considerable amount of responsibility as prescription accuracy is one of the most important priorities in our business. The right candidate would be excited to be a part of a rapidly growing company and eager to take on an array of responsibilities.
WHAT YOU’ll DO :
- Fulfill prescription orders via our top-of-the-line lens edging machinery
- Mount all prescription lens manually into each frame and align them according to the technical specifications. This does require training, practice and dexterity to become fully proficient at the task.
- Work alongside our orders team to verify & obtain prescriptions & PD measurements from customers
- Ensure all orders are filled accurately & in a timely fashion
- Learn and manage our shipping platforms
- Ship and package all orders
- Manage and process Home Try-On Kits orders
- Manage and order all necessary lab materials & shipping supplies
- Conduct regular physical inventory counts
- Master our internal management system in order to efficiently and effectively process orders
- Additional duties as assigned
Who you are:
- Highly Detailed - like super super detailed :)
- Friendly and Patient
- A self-starter who can take direction but work independently
- Technology & Computer literate (Mac user)
- Pays close attention to detail (at an almost obsessive level)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for up to 8 hours and be able to push, pull, squat, bend & reach with or without reasonable accommodation
- Positive, Positive, Positive
- Generally Awesome :)
Skills & Qualifications :
- Optical knowledge is a plus!
- Passion for learning; always seeking to sharpen skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Confident and enthusiastic communicator.
- A desire to be a part of a growing team
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player who is resourceful and flexible.
- Estimated Start Date : ASAP
- Part-time or Full-time
- Based in Grand Rapids, MI
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a single PDF document containing a cover letter, answers to the below four questions, and a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Lab Technician [Applicant’s Name].”
- What makes you the best candidate for this position?
- Why is Jonas Paul Eyewear a good fit for you?