WHO WE ARE
Jonas Paul Eyewear is a children’s eyewear provider with a mission to provide function and new form to children’s vision with fun, fashion-forward eyewear options. The company was founded by Ben and Laura Harrison in an effort to find stylish eyewear for their visually impaired son, Jonas - but finding such options did not exist in the children’s market. Since its founding in 2013, the company has been featured on NBC Today & Nightly News, The Wall Street Journal, Huffington Post, Redbook and many other publications and has garnered numerous awards for its social responsibility and design. Jonas Paul Eyewear also provides sight to those in need through its Buy Sight, Give Sight program in which over 58,143 children have been impacted around the world.
We are seeking an Operations Assistant to work alongside and support many areas of our growing business. This individual will learn all aspects of the backend operations of Jonas Paul Eyewear. We like to call this a “rover” position. Some of the areas of the business you will work directly with are (but not limited to) customer service, order processing, returns, warranty, home try-on kit processing, assisting the lab in processing & cutting prescription lenses, shipping and warehousing. This position will offer a considerable amount of variety each day depending on where the greatest need is that day. This is a highly detailed job and has a considerable amount of responsibility. The right candidate is excited to be a part of a growing company and eager to take on an array of responsibilities.
WHAT YOU’ll DO :
- Support our Customer Experience & Operations team in providing "knock your socks off" customer service
- Master our internal management system in order to efficiently and effectively process sales orders
- Work directly with our customers to ensure they have ordered properly
- Interact with customers via email, phone, live chat, text message to clarify or obtain any missing order information
- Verify all prescriptions and match proper prescriptions to customer order
- Provide lens upgrade recommendations and communicate this effectively
- Learn and manage our shipping platforms
- Ship and package all orders
- Manage and process Home Try-On Kits orders
- Fulfill prescription orders via our top of the line lens cutting machinery
- Mount all prescription lens manually into each frame and align them according to the technical specifications. This does require training and practice and dexterity to become fully proficient at the task.
- Work alongside our orders team to verify & obtain prescriptions & PD measurements from customers
- Ensure all orders are filled accurately & in a timely fashion
- Conduct regular physical inventory counts
- Additional duties as assigned
Who you are:
- Highly Detailed - like super super detailed :)
- Friendly and Patient
- A self-starter who can take direction but work independently
- Entrepreneurially minded
- Technology & Computer literate (Mac user)
- Pays close attention to detail (at an almost obsessive level)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for up to 8 hours and be able to push, pull, squat, bend & reach with or without reasonable accommodation
- Positive, Positive, Positive
- Generally Awesome :)
Skills & Qualifications :
- Optical knowledge is a plus!
- Passion for learning; always seeking to sharpen skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Confident and enthusiastic communicator
- A desire to be a part of a growing team
- Team player who is resourceful and flexible
- Estimated Start Date : January 2019 // Only candidates who pass through to the interview round will be contacted.
- Will start off as a part time hourly position (up to 29 hours a week), but may turn into full time very quickly depending on company growth and performance
- Based in Grand Rapids, MI
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a single PDF document containing a cover letter, answers to the below four questions, and a résumé to email@example.com with the subject line “Operations Assistant [Applicant’s Name].”
- What makes you the best candidate for this position?
- Why is Jonas Paul Eyewear a good fit for you?