Social Media & PR Specialist
Social Media & PR Specialist
WHO WE ARE
Jonas Paul Eyewear is an award-winning e-commerce company aiming to provide function and new form to children’s vision with fun, fashion-forward eyewear options. JPE was founded by Ben and Laura Harrison in an effort to find stylish eyewear for their visually impaired son, Jonas. Unfortunately, finding such options did not exist within the children’s optical market. Since its founding in 2013, JPE has been featured on NBC Today & Nightly News, The Wall Street Journal, INC 5000, Huffington Post, Redbook, and many other publications. It has garnered numerous awards for its social responsibility and design. Jonas Paul Eyewear also provides sight to those in need through its’ Buy Sight, Give Sight program, which has impacted over 569,000 children and families world-wide.
This role will have a variety of responsibilities within marketing to our brand, our consumers, and the general public. The main areas of focus will be social media, brand collaborations/influencers/ambassadors, and PR. Strong writing skills combined with experience developing, curating, amplifying, and syndicating content via PR, Social Media is key to the success of this role. The ideal candidate is dedicated to securing press coverage through media relations, identifying, and pitching emerging newsworthy topics. You are well spoken, confident, and super creative :)
WHAT YOU’ll DO :
Social Media :
- Successfully manage, strategize and program our company’s social media channels in a way that services/supports both our audience and marketing efforts.
- Collaborate cross functionally with creatives to ensure every feed is on brand, beautiful and intentional.
- Stay up to date on all specific trends to utilize platform specific tools to build brand presence and drive growth.
- Responsible for the curation and refreshing of our YouTube channel by conceiving of and creating helpful UGC playlists. Responsible to keep up to date on the latest YouTube videos that feature our brand and products.
- Help conceive a content strategy and work closely with our Creative Team to execute on a launch and a consistent posting schedule.
- Develop content for Instagram & IG Stories, Reels and TikTok and grow our social presence.
- Draft copy and oversee posting schedule for various social media platforms.
- Develop a content schedule for Facebook and Instagram according to promotions, content calendar, events.
- Assisting marketing team on photoshoots, video shoots, and other creative projects
- Ideate and brainstorm with team to develop new content ideas to leverage trends and data insights
- Execute social campaigns in alignment with the marketing calendar and social media strategy
- Monitor and evaluate Jonas Paul Eyewear’s brand on social platforms with regular reporting, tracking and analytics related to social content.
- Manage social comments and direct messages for insights and engagement.
- Contribute recommendations for strategies around generating growth in both followers and engagement
Brand Collaborations/ Influencers
- Develop and execute influencer marketing strategies and creative campaigns
- Identify and build relationships with prominent influencers and thought leaders
- Develop content ideas and write and curate content
- Research relevant industry experts, competitors, target audience and users
- Brainstorm new, creative approaches to influencer campaigns
- Keep abreast of emerging trends, technologies and influencers
- Liaising with the marketing team to create and coordinate marketing strategies that work across different channels
- Assist in vetting, coordinating & execution of influencer partnership opportunities, giveaways and contests.
- Proactively identify media opportunities, make recommendations and cultivate relationships with media/journalists
- Research, uncover, and develop story angles that will drive media interest for campaigns
- Write, edit, and distribute press releases and collaborate with content marketing team for owned channel distribution
- Contribute to cultivating and managing relationships with key consumer media and influencers
- Pitching the brand’s key platforms and issues to generate story ideas for media and research media to determine trends for pitching issues
- Stay abreast of culture and industry trends and interact with relevant media and influencers on a regular basis
- Own product seeding for press opportunities and organizing product inventory
- Support development of media strategies for new product launches including messaging, talking points, positioning and channel execution
- Coordinate media tours, speaking engagements, press conferences
- Field and managing incoming PR requests, opportunities and follow-up to editors, gather and disseminate timely information to media and staff
- Track, monitor and measure media coverage on traditional, digital & social channels and manage master media tracking spreadsheet
- Develop and manage media training and coach staff in their roles as spokespersons.
Skills & Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in marketing, communication or similar field
- Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Creative & motivated & not shy to speak in front of groups and pitch our brand
- Experience using social media both personally and professional with the ability to optimize the key social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok, and Linkedin for business and community growth
- Experience managing social media channels for measurement and reporting purposes.
- Solid understanding of public relations tools - including research, writing, editing and developing/maintaining media relationships
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communication with multiple levels of media and staff
- The ability to juggle multiple priorities and work in a fast paced environment, while being highly organized
- Photography and editing skills are a distinct advantage.
- Flexibility and adaptability to react quickly to change
- Generally Awesome :)
- Estimated Start Date : Q2 2021 // Only candidates who pass through to the interview round will be contacted.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Great benefits & flexible time off
- Based in Grand Rapids, MI. Remote positions will not be considered.
Next Steps :
f you are interested in applying for this position, please email a single PDF document containing a cover letter, answers to the below three questions, and a résumé to email@example.com with the subject line “Social Media & PR Specialist [Applicant’s Name].”
- What makes you the best candidate for this position?
- Why is Jonas Paul Eyewear the best fit for you?
- Please send over an online portfolio/project example of your social media work or any PR you have landed with other organizations.