VP of eCommerce & Marketing
VP of eCommerce & Marketing
WHO WE ARE :
Jonas Paul Eyewear is an award-winning e-commerce company aiming to provide function and new form to children’s vision with fun, fashion-forward eyewear options. JPE was founded by Ben and Laura Harrison in an effort to find stylish eyewear for their visually impaired son, Jonas. Unfortunately, finding such options did not exist within the children’s optical market. Since its founding in 2013, JPE has been featured on NBC Today & Nightly News, The Wall Street Journal, INC 5000, Forbes, Redbook, and many other publications. It has garnered numerous awards for its social responsibility and design. Jonas Paul Eyewear also provides sight to those in need through its Buy Sight, Give Sight program, which has impacted over 934,702 children and families world-wide.
JOB DESCRIPTION :
The VP of eCommerce & Marketing will lead all aspects of marketing for Jonas Paul Eyewear with an intense focus on customer acquisition and conversion. This includes managing internal and external teams responsible for brand strategy, campaign development, and the execution of an integrated marketing plan across all channels (i.e., search, display, social, email, direct mail, television, video, and partnerships). The VP of eCommerce & Marketing will expand and optimize our marketing tactics, improve our conversion, and fully leverage our marketing technology and data capabilities. The success of this individual will be based upon his/her ability to significantly increase customer acquisition and achieve top line revenue growth while maintaining the efficiency of Jonas Paul Eyewear’s overall marketing spend as measured by cost per acquisition and lifetime value.
The ideal candidate has a track record of leading in fast-paced environments and scaling growth-stage B2C or DTC eCommerce focused companies that changed their industry with outsider thinking and an insanely strong customer experience. He/She must be capable of setting strategic direction while also being a hands-on contributor that is passionate about solving problems and winning as a team even when there is no set playbook to follow.
This person should be an ambitious self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Customer Acquisition and Conversion
- Tap into new audiences to exponentially grow Jonas Paul Eyewear’s customer base while exceeding monthly, quarterly, and annual topline revenue and acquisition cost goals
- Identify, define, and build buy-in for relevant marketing opportunities that achieve both short-term and long-term goals in all stages of the marketing funnel
- Aggressively pursue opportunities to increase overall brand awareness and engage consumers (i.e., email subscribers, social followers, engaged site users) across a diverse set of paid and non-paid channels including search, social, video, display, direct mail, events, out of home, etc.
- Develop and execute annual marketing plans that are integrated across all channels and leverage our unique content creation capabilities internally and with partners
- Obsess over the latest marketing trends and technologies to drive innovation and consistently generate actionable ideas that acquire new customers
- Performance Measurement
- Fully develop and leverage Jonas Paul Eyewear’s marketing technologies and data capabilities across Shopify, Google Analytics, Data Studio and others
- Understand the drivers of customer acquisition and LTV performance and incorporate that understanding into campaign messages and targeting
- Drive optimization across all channels through rigorous testing and experimentation
- Set and manage marketing budgets to accomplish agreed upon plans and ensure accurate allocation/forecasting and accruals with finance team
- Brand Strategy and Management
- Own Jonas Paul Eyewear’s brand voice across all advertising and communications both internally and externally
- Articulate target customer personas along with their interests, behaviors, and motivations for buying or selling and work throughout the organization to effectively reach and convert these individuals
- Develop key brand standards for use in all communication platforms including imagery, tone of voice, graphics, packaging, etc.
- Conduct regular market analysis of brand performance, becoming an expert on competitive standing and category management
- Stay current in luxury trends and identify possible expansion opportunities to monetize the Jonas Paul audience
- Organizational Management and Leadership
- Effectively lead a team of in-house and remote marketers ensuring personal and professional growth that motivates and retains top talent
- Manage outside agency/contractor relationships as needed to meet plan needs
- Maximize impact with constant prioritization of competing initiatives
- Collaborate with operating teams to support marketing initiatives and rapid transaction growth
ROLE REQUIREMENTS :
- 7-10+ years of progressively responsible marketing experience with leading B2C to DTC brands multi-million dollar marketing budgets
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and execute a winning marketing plan in a hyper-growth environment
- Ability to translate available data into actionable learnings & optimizations even when there is ambiguity
- Decisive, strategic thinker who can make quick, intuition based decisions under pressure without a defined playbook
- Deep expertise of automation, ad, and reporting platforms such as Google AdWords, Facebook, Google Analytics
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills to build cohesive cross-functional teams that drive projects forward
- Strong organizational and project management skills adept at handling tight deadlines and multiple demands
- Experience working with finance and accounting teams to ensure accurate forecasting and proper accruals for all marketing related activity
- Estimated Start Date : Q4 2022
- Full Time & Competitive benefits package plus health, vision, dental insurance
- Compensation based on previous experience and expertise
- Main office is based in Grand Rapids, MI
- Remote opportunities open for discussion for this role (monthly travel will be expected)
NEXT STEPS :If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a single PDF document containing a cover letter and a résumé to email@example.com with the subject line “VP of eCommerce & Marketing [Applicant’s Name].”
Jonas Paul Eyewear provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.