Buy Sight, Give Sight
• To help children feel beautiful and confident in their glasses.
• To provide blindness prevention and sight to children in need.
• Eliminate children being bullied by providing fashionable glasses with an empowering message that instills confidence in the wearer.
- The World Health Organization reports an estimated 19 million children are visually impaired. Of these, 12 million children are visually impaired due to refractive errors, a condition that could be easily diagnosed and corrected. 1.4 million are irreversibly blind for the rest of their lives and need visual rehabilitation interventions for a full psychological and personal development.
- Serious eye diseases including cataracts and pterygia can be prevented or delayed by wearing glasses or sunglasses with UV protection
- For the poor, eyeglasses often are either inaccessible or unaffordable, forcing hundreds of millions of people to live below their full potential.
VITAMIN A DEFFICIENCY
- Vitamin A Deficiency (VAD) is the number one cause of childhood blindness.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that as many as 190 million children, especially in Africa and Southeast Asia, suffer from VAD.
- Each year, it is estimated that 670,000 children will die from VAD, and 350,000 will go blind.
- River Blindness is an infection that is carried by a black fly that transmits tiny parasitic worms into a person when it bites. Once a worm has entered the body, it can live there for up to 15 years, and then migrate to the eye where it causes irreparable damage to the cornea and optic nerve.
- More than 37 million people are infected with River Blindness, often living in poor, rural African communities. The infection can be treated, but once blindness occurs, it’s irreversible.
Thank you for supporting Jonas Paul Eyewear with your purchases and making our Buy Sight, Give Sight program a reality!
CBM is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world.Based on its Christian values and over 100 years of professional expertise, CBM addresses poverty as a cause and a consequence of disability, and works in partnership to create an inclusive society for all.
Restoring Vision is dedicated to distributing new reading glasses and sunglasses to groups and organizations helping those in need. Since 2003, they have built a network of partners that have collectively served over 6 million people around the world. They offer a simple solution to one of the greatest global health problems.