Jonas Paul Eyewear is a children’s eyewear provider. Our mission is to provide function and new form to children’s vision with fun, fashion-forward eyewear options. JPE was founded by Ben and Laura Harrison in an effort to find stylish eyewear for their visually impaired son, Jonas. Unfortunately, finding such options did not exist within the children’s optical market. Since its founding in 2013, JPE has been featured on NBC Today & Nightly News, The Wall Street Journal, INC 5000, Huffington Post, Redbook, and many other publications. It has garnered numerous awards for its social responsibility and design. Jonas Paul Eyewear also provides sight to those in need through its Buy Sight, Give Sight program, which has impacted over 900,000 children world-wide.
Optical Lab Technician
Full Time Position at Jonas Paul Eyewear in Grand Rapids, MI.
WHO WE ARE
We are seeking an Optical Lab Technician to fulfill and process prescription lab orders. This is a highly detailed job with a considerable amount of responsibility, as prescription accuracy is one of the most important priorities in our business. This individual will work closely with other lab team members to process high-quality eyeglasses in the JPE optical laboratory. The right candidate will be excited to be a part of a rapidly growing company and eager to take on an array of responsibilities.
- Interpret customers’ prescription requirements and have understanding of the order as produced by our ordering department
- Edge high quality lenses using our state of the art edging machinery to create our one of a kind eyewear
- Mount prescription lenses manually into each frame. Align eyeglasses according to the technical specifications. This will require optical training to become fully proficient.
- Work alongside our orders team to obtain and verify prescriptions and other required optical measurements
- Ensure all orders are filled accurately and in a timely manner.
- Learn the JPE shipping platforms
- Assist in packaging and shipping of all completed orders
- Manage and process Home Try-On Kit orders
- Master our internal management system in order to efficiently and effectively process orders
- Assist in maintaining the lab area and equipment in a safe and organized manner
- Perform proper equipment maintenance in accordance with the lab & equipment reference manual
- When needed, multi-task to cover more than one workstation, in order to maintain steady work flow
- Additional duties as assigned
WHO YOU ARE
- Highly detailed
- A self-starter who can take direction, as well as, work independently
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for learning and always seeking to sharpen skills
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for up to 8-10 hours and be able to push, pull, squat, bend and reach with or without reasonable accommodation
- Positive, friendly, and patient with both customers and JPE team members
- Team player who is resourceful and flexible
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- ABO Certification, optical knowledge/experience required
- Technology & computer literate
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Motivated and dependable with a customer-friendly attitude
- Effective and confident communicator
- Well organized team player with great attention to detail
- Estimated start date: ASAP
- Only candidates who pass through to the interview round will be contacted.
- Full-time + Employee benefits
- Career experience that provides employees with opportunities for personal and professional growth in a rewarding environment.
- $16 per hour or based on qualifications and experience
- Based in Grand Rapids, MI
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a single PDF document containing a cover letter, answers to the two questions below, and a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Optical Lab Technician [Applicant’s Name].”
- What makes you the best candidate for this position?
- Why is Jonas Paul Eyewear a good fit for you?
Jonas Paul Eyewear provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.