Jonas Paul Eyewear is a children’s eyewear provider with a mission to provide function and new form to children’s vision with fun, fashion-forward eyewear options. The company was founded by Ben and Laura Harrison in an effort to find stylish eyewear for their visually impaired son, Jonas - but finding such options did not exist in the children’s market. Since its founding in 2013, the company has been featured on NBC Today & Nightly News, The Wall Street Journal, INC 5000, Huffington Post, Redbook and many other publications and has garnered numerous awards for its social responsibility and design. Jonas Paul Eyewear also provides sight to those in need through its Buy Sight, Give Sight program in which over 1,000,000 children have been impacted around the world.
Production Assistant - Optical Lab
Part Time - Full Time Position at Jonas Paul Eyewear in Grand Rapids, MI.
WHO WE ARE
We are seeking an Optical Lab Assistant to fulfill and process prescription lab orders. This individual will manage and oversee all of our prescription orders which are done at our home office. This is a highly detailed job and has a considerable amount of responsibility as prescription accuracy is one of the most important priorities in our business. The right candidate would be excited to be a part of a rapidly growing company and eager to take on an array of responsibilities.
- Ensure all orders are filled accurately & in a timely fashion
- Learn and manage our shipping platforms
- Clean and inspect all orders before shipment
- Ship and package all orders
- Assist Lab Administrator with production preparations of customer orders
- Manage and stock all necessary lab materials & shipping supplies
- Conduct regular physical inventory counts
- Master our internal management system in order to efficiently and effectively process orders
- Additional duties as assigned
WHO YOU ARE
- Highly Detailed - like super super detailed :)
- Friendly and Patient
- A self-starter who can take direction but work independently
- Technology & Computer literate
- Pays close attention to detail (at an almost obsessive level)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for up to 8-10 hours and be able to push, pull, squat, bend & reach with or without reasonable accommodation
- Positive, Positive, Positive
- Generally Awesome :)
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Optical knowledge is a plus! But not a requirement
- Passion for learning; always seeking to sharpen skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Confident and enthusiastic communicator.
- A desire to be a part of a growing team
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player who is resourceful and flexible.
- Estimated Start Date : ASAP // Only candidates who pass through to the interview round will be contacted.
- Part time 20 - 25 hours per week with potential for full time (begins at 30 hours and full benefits at 37.5 hours per week)
- $15 per hour
- Based in Grand Rapids, MI
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a single PDF document containing a cover letter and a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Production Assistant - Optical Lab [Applicant’s Name].