Ordering glasses online may seem like a daunting experience, but thanks to Jonas Paul Eyewear it has never been easier! Follow our step-by-step guide below to finding the perfect prescription glasses for your child. Trust us - the process is simple!
Order a Home Try-On Kit
Let our frames come to you and try on glasses at home! For just $7, you can test out 7 of our frames for 7 days right in the comfort of your own home. This allows your family plenty of time for fashion shows and running wild with our frames to find the perfect style and fit. The kits are available in a variety of size and color combinations, meaning there is something for everyone PLUS you'll get that $7 you paid for the kit back in your pocket if you purchase a frame.
Note: while we only have select frames available in the Home Try-On Kits, we have plenty of additional options available for purchase online! The kits include some of our fan-favorites, and is the perfect place to start your search for kids glasses.
Find the Perfect Fit
Your home try-on kit should arrive in 3-5 business days! Once the frames arrive, it's time to have fun.
But first, here are some quick tips for finding the perfect fit with the sample frames:
- Which frame is which? It's easy! If you look on the inside of the temple arm of each frame, there will be a name (such as Paul/Paige or Miles/Maddie) printed. That is the frame style! Once you've narrowed it down to your favorite style, you can head to our website, search for that frame style, and view the rest of the colors available in that frame.
- Test out our adjustable temple arms! All of our optical frames come with Adjustable Comfort Tips, which allow you to get the just-right fit right at home. Simply bend the silicone portion of the temple arms downward to have a snug fit behind your child's ears and keep the glasses in place up on their nose. Here's a full breakdown with step-by-step instructions on how to adjust our glasses.
- Keep an eye on your child's eyes! To know if the frames fit well, you'll want to make sure their eyes are fairly centered within the lenses (rather than really close to the nose bridge or really close to the outside of the lenses). When their eyes are centered in the lenses, that will allow for the optimal visual experience.
Step 3: Place Your Order Online
Once you've found a pair (...or two - back-up pairs are always recommended for kids!), you're ready to ship that kit back and order!
Note: As soon as you've sent the Home Try-On Kit back to us, you'll receive a discount code via email for $7 off your next order. Talk about a risk-free process!
Here's how to order:
- Head to jonaspaul.com (if you're reading this, you're already there ;))
- Search for the frame style(s) you liked best (reminder: the style is found on the inside of the temple arm!) and click through to select the frame color you would like
Now it's time to select lenses! Once you click "Choose a Lens and Order", you'll be prompted with a few screens that help you narrow down the lenses you would like.
- Not sure which lens type would be best for you? Check out our Lens Options & Upgrades page for a full rundown on our offerings.
- ...still not sure? No worries! Hop on our chat to ask one of our team members for guidance, or send us a text to 616.202.5844 and we'd love to help.
After selecting your lens type, you'll be prompted to either upload a copy of your prescription at checkout or email it to us later. Either is great! Just be aware that the sooner we have your prescription, the sooner we can begin processing your order.
Note: One additional measurement that we require to process prescription orders is the Pupillary Distance (PD). This is the distance in millimeters from the center of one pupil to the center of the other pupil and is needed to ensure that your child's lenses are properly centered in their glasses based on their eyes. Prescriptions often include this measurement automatically, but occasionally it is missing. There are three easy ways to track down the measurement:
- Give your child's eye doctor a call to see if they have it on file
- Download the Jonas Paul app and take the measurement there!
- Learn how to measure pupillary distance at home
- Note: One additional measurement that we require to process prescription orders is the Pupillary Distance (PD). This is the distance in millimeters from the center of one pupil to the center of the other pupil and is needed to ensure that your child's lenses are properly centered in their glasses based on their eyes. Prescriptions often include this measurement automatically, but occasionally it is missing. There are three easy ways to track down the measurement:
Bada bing, bada boom! Our team will take it from here in creating the most stylishly affordable glasses your kid (or you!) has ever worn :)
Now let's see those photos!
Once your child receives their new glasses, tag us at #jonaspauleyewear so we can share!